If you are looking for a shortlist of some of the best Mexican recipes for this year, look no further. You are in the right spot! (well, at least according to our team).
Last year we completed a list that included dishes like Cochinita Pibil, Carnitas, and even Chilaquiles. In 2022 we are continuing with a few suggestions, mainly for Tacos, and one more entry of a traditional dish in Mexican cuisine.
So, without further ado, let’s get into it! Our top 5 Mexican dishes for 2022 are:
- Baja Fish Tacos – Looking for options for tacos with seafood? Look no further from a staple recipe from the Baja California Peninsula. These particular “Tacos de Pescado” can be made with a few different types of fish, but your number one option should be a halibut fillet. You can find the Baja Fish Tacos Recipe here.
- Pollo Adobado Tacos – These chicken tacos are cooked with the Adobo technique, which involves cooking the meat while immersed in a sauce or “caldo.” The Adobo sauce usually has oregano, cumin, paprika, and many other spices. While this cooking technique started in Spain, it’s widely popular in Latin America. One of the most traditional recipes for Pollo Adobado Tacos is available in our recipes section.
- Beef Barbacoa Tacos – Barbacoa can be made with sheep, goat, or beef (our choice for this year). The traditional method to cook barbacoa is using an underground oven; however, this can be replicated in a slow cooker. The idea is to get the meat very tender and full of flavour for your tacos. For full details on how to marinate the meat and ensure you get the proper steps to achieve very tender meat, you can check out (or print) this Beef Barbacoa recipe here.
- Suadero Tacos – If you happen to visit Mexico City, it’s very likely that other than tacos al pastor, you’ll almost certainly get a chance to try Suadero Tacos as well. Many restaurants in Mexico City and many other places in the country feature these delicious tacos on their menu. These tacos are made with Roast Meat (beef), and you can quickly cook them at home by following this recipe.
- Breakfast Chilaquiles – Last year, we included the chilaquiles on our list. Well, now it’s time for the breakfast variation of this delicious plate. Made with fried tortilla quarters topped with green or red salsa and egg as the protein. Truly a “wake me up” breakfast option after a late night or to enjoy mid-morning as brunch on Saturday. You can find the Breakfast Chilaquiles recipe here. – Optional – Try this recipe with a unique twist by using our Casa Bonita Beer Chips.
What do you think? Do you agree with our choices? If you don’t, at least we know we got you thinking about some of the most delicious plates out there. Perhaps now it’s the time to give these recipes a try and judge for yourself.
Now, what about a bonus entry to the list? We couldn’t avoid the temptation, so we want to include an additional mention this year. This is no other than a true classic, Guacamole! However, our suggestion is to ensure you take this beloved dish to the next level and to do so, all you have to do is an effortless step. Add Tajin!
That’s right, all you have to do is add one of the most iconic spice mixes in Mexico to ensure you enhance the flavours of the Guacamole. Looking for a recipe where to start? We got you covered with this fantastic recipe of Guacamole with Tajin Clasico. We hope you enjoy it!