Pollo Adobado is one of the more traditional dishes in Mexican Cuisine and is widely enjoyed coast to coast.
- 1 oz. canola oil
- 4 each garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano, dried
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp cumin, ground
- 1 tsp cloves, ground
- 1 cup of water
- 5 each ancho chiles, reconstituted with hot water
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar or agave syrup
- 1 oz apple cider vinegar (preferably organic)
- 1 pack of Casa Bonita Yellow of White Corn Tortillas
- 5 lbs. chicken thighs, skin on, bone in
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 poblano chile
- 6 cups of water
- ½ cup adobo paste,achiote paste can be use as a substitute.
- 2 key limes
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Season the chicken thighs with salt, preferably half an hour in advance.
- Sear the chicken thighs on both sides.
- Add the vegetables and water.
- Cover and place in a 300-degree oven for two hours, or until meat is falling off the bone.
- Remove all of the skin and bones from the meat and shred.
- Fold the adobo paste into the shredded chicken.
- Taste for salt, it will need some. Put the chicken into warm Casa Bonita Corn Tortillas, garnish with onions, cilantro and avocado and enjoy.